Riga Photomonth announces an open call for entries under the title of the upcoming festival Facts and Clarifications. Photographers from all over the world are welcome to submit their photo series that pay attention to complicated, paradoxical, tragic, as well as humorous cultural situations and their interpretation in our modern world. Approximately 20 photo series will be selected for screening in a special event in public space during the festival’s opening week on the eve of 13 May. The venue of the event will be announced later and the projection will also be placed on the festival’s website and social networks.
- Open to photographers worldwide of all ages.
- The submitted photographs must interpret the subject Facts and Clarifications.
- Photographers may submit 8-12 photos from one series. Submission deadline: 31 March 2017 23:59 GMT+2. The Riga Photomonth team will shortlist and the results will be announced by 14 April 2017.
- Each participant can submit only one application (one series).
- The submitted entries must follow these guidelines: hi res files, 2000-2500 px long side, JPG, RGB, maximum compression.
- Please entitle your entries as follows: “name_surname_number”, for example, “jane_doe_01.jpg”.
- The entry should also include a .doc or .docx file that contains applicant’s name, surname, year of birth, country of residence, e-mail address, web page and the title and/or short description of the series (up to 500 characters).
- Applications should be sent to email firstname.lastname@example.org using Wetransfer file transfer programme.
- The participation is free of charge.
- Entries that are received after the deadline or are not formatted following the guidelines will not be judged.
- The selected works will be screened in an event on 13 May. The venue will be announced at least 4 weeks prior to the date.
- By submitting an application to the call for entry, the applicant grants a permission to Riga Photomonth to showcase the entries free of charge in the festival. Also, the applicant gives Riga Photomonth and its partners a permission to use the submitted works for publicity.
- In case of questions or problems with submission, please email: opencall @ rigaphotomonth.com
cover image © Ivars Gravlejs