La Fabrica and Photo London are joining forces to launch the Book Dummy Award with the goal of selecting and publishing a major auteur photography project which stands for its quality, uniqueness and international scope.
This prize consists in:
- The publication of the book in a print run no smaller than 1,000 copies.
- Its distribution worldwide via the La Fábrica´s publications catalogue.
- Its exhibition at world-class festivals and fairs such as PHotoEspaña and Photo London, and its submission to the most important photography contests in the world.
- The launch of a dissemination campaign in the media and the communication platforms of both La Fábrica and Photo London, as well as via official festival media, such as the British Journal of Photography.
- The possibility of holding an exhibition of the winning work at La Fábrica´s photography gallery in Madrid.
The competition is open to photographers from all around the world who may submit a single unpublished dummy on a subject of their choice.
On the contest website, the photographer should fill out a registration form; this form can be downloaded in the section Inscription. In it they should include a brief description of the project about the project and their biography. Both texts must be written in English. Likewise, in order to complete the process they must pay the registration fee of 25 euros, and send the dummy by post to La Fábrica (Book Dummy Award c/ Veronicas, 13. 28014 Madrid) along with a printed copy of the registration form, a signed copy of the conditions and the proof of payment of the registration fee.
Book Dummy Award
c/ Verónica, 13. 28014 Madrid, Spain
22 May - 20 October 2017
Period to receive dummies.1 December 2017
Meeting of the jury in LondonDecember 2017
Contact with the author of the winning project.December 2017 - April 2018
Production of the book.